Events > Moss Park Forest Run
Friday, August 02, 2013
(2 months, 12 days away)
Running on Friday evening and Saturday Morning
- 10 km run/walk each day
- 5 km run/walk each day
- Distance Dare (10 km first immediately followed by 5km) each day
ABOUT THIS EVENT
Heralded as the best off road running venue in Florida, this is a MUST for anyone who considers themselves a runner. Join us for a 100% shaded course and NEW in 2013 4 races in 2 days format! Each day you can run a 10K or a 5K. The Distance Dare has been added for athletes training for distance triathlons or marathons and need additional mileage. And for 2013 Double Dog Dare
Please note: if you register for the Distance Dare you need to be able to complete the 10K AND return to the 5K finish line in the allotted time. Less than 75 minutes.
$1 of your entry fee will be donated to one of the following 3 charities:
- AMESPA Childrens Foundation
- Hemophilia Foundation Of Greater Florida
During the registration process you'll get the option to pick which charity your donation goes to. In addition you'll have the option to make an extra donation if you choose to.
LOCATION, DIRECTIONS & PARKING Moss Park
is located in southeast Orlando, near the Orlando International Airport. 12901 Moss Park Rd., Orlando, FL 32832. Take the Moss Park rd. exit from 417 and take a right, follow Moss Park Rd. until it dead ends at Moss Park. Follow the signs to parking.
8th Annual Moss Park Run Festival
- 10K run / walk - $30 until 7/28, $35 until 8/1, $40 after 8/1
- 5K run / walk - $25 until 7/28, $30 until 8/1, $35 after 8/1
- Distance Dare – 10K & 5K - $50 until 7/28, $55 until 8/1, $60 after 8/1
- Doble Dog Distance Dare (2 days) - 10k & 5k - $90 until 7/28, $100 until 8/1, $110 after 8/1
- Online Registration closes at midnight 8/1/2013
- Registration is available during packet pick-up on Friday 8/2/2013 from 5:00pm-8:00 pm, and on Saturday and Sunday 8/2-3/2013 from 6:00am-8:00am. Day-of registration fees are listed above. T-shirts are included in the registration fee for the first 250 athletes who register, after that, T-shirts are available to purchase for $10 while supplies last.
10K & 5K
- Age group (8 & Under, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14,15-19, 20-24, 25-29,…,70+)
- Military (active or inactive military of any branch-must show military ID at registration)
- 10K & 5K - top 3 men and women overall, Top 3 on age groups and military.
- Distance Dare – top 3 men and women overall.
- Double Dog Distance Dare - Top 3 men and women overall
- 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm: Registration, check in, packet pick up and transponder pick up at Moss Park
- 6:15 pm: Prerace meeting at the start line (10k ONLY)
- 6:30 pm: 10K start
- 7:45 pm: 5K start - Distance Dare athletes please make sure you can finish the 10K by the 5k start time.
- 8:30 pm: Awards
- 6:00 am: Registration, check in, packet pick up at Moss Park
- 6:45 am: Prerace meeting at the start line.
- 7:00 am: 10K start
- 8:15 am: 5K start - Distance Dare athletes please make sure you can finish the 10K by the 5k start time.
- 9:15 am: Awards ceremony
(5K 1 loop - 10K 2 loops)
Official Expo Vendor - $249 per weekend
Click here to become an official expo vendor
- Sell and sample merchandise to participants and spectators at race site
- Hand out flyers and brochures
- Vendor must supply their own canopy
- Options include: power, tables, chairs
- No exclusivity
- Please call Marriott Reservations at 1(800) 321-2211 or (407) 240-7200 on or before Thursday before the race, to make room reservations.
- Please identify yourselves as part of the Epic Sports Marketing Tri group staying at the Courtyard Orlando Airport, located at 7155 North Frontage Road, Orlando, FL 32812.
The Hotel’s room rates are subject to applicable state and local taxes (currently 12.5%) in effect at the time of check out.
- We use MyLaps Bib Tag timing system .
- T shirt available for the first 250 athletes who register, after that you can purchase shirts for $10.00. Limited availability onsite. Amenities include Tshirts for the first 250 who register, post race food and park entry for the day.
- Aid stations every mile, serving water, Rehydrate and gels.
- Credit Cards and cash accepted onsite.
- Race information subject to change, please check www.epicsportsmarketing.comfor updated information.
- All EpicSportsMarketing.com running events are sanctioned by USA Track & Field
- Be sure to familiarize yourself with our policies.